If you’re passionate about caring for animals, great at communicating with co-workers and customers, and enthusiastic about a career in veterinary medicine, we want to talk to you!
AAHA accredited hospital in Northern Phoenix is looking for a part-time or full-time Associate DVM.
Ability to recognize that teamwork is essential for a quality practice; ability to work as a team member as well as a doctor.
Special interest in surgery, especially orthopedics, is a plus. Available equipment includes: ultrasound, digital radiographs, dental radiographs, surgical laser, and in-house lab. Also, we do hospitalize patients, with technicians coming in after hours if needed to provide additional care.
In terms of scheduling, we offer our clients generous appointment slots of 30 to 40 minutes. We have four examination rooms, a separate treatment area, a private surgical suite, and an isolation room.
Our team is well-leveraged with two CSR’s, two room technicians, and two inpatient technicians, in addition to a Clinical Manager, an Administrative Manager, and kennel staff. Our team is dedicated, and we have a well established culture of positivity.
- Schedule is flexible with overlapping shifts and rotating Saturdays.
- DVM’s work 3-4 days a week with typical 1 to 2 hour lunch breaks.
- Hospital hours are 7am – 5:30pm (work hours may vary depending on contract) and Saturdays 8am-12pm.
Phoenix is an affordable and fast-growing major city with all the entertainment, culture, and benefits you could want. Outdoor activities and hiking are available with the closest hiking trails just a 5-minute drive from our hospital. We are a great team and this position offers a positive work/life balance.
- Must be able to obtain D.V.M. License in state of practice within 30 days of hire.
- Must be able to obtain D.E.A. License in state of practice within 30 days of hire.
- Fees for DVM and DEA licenses reimbursed.
- 3 years of experience as a D.V.M. in practice is preferred.
Additional Salary Information: Up to $10K sign on bonus, DOE. Generous benefits as follows: Medical/dental/vision insurance available for full time employees, as well as 401K available with match. DEA, AVMA, AAHA, AzVMA, and PLIT potentially covered by clinic. CE stipend available.